Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Foundation series part 3...summer foundation.

I love glowy skin. A powdery, dry-matte look can be so dated and aging. I personally have normal to dry combination skin, and my skin loves the foundation I am featuring today. Oily ladies, this one may not be the best choice as it may surpass glowiness and crossover into all out shine territory for you. Not surprisingly, this little marvel is a Chanel product. I find lately that if I'm going to splurge on a cosmetic product, it's going to be foundation or skin care.
 
 
This product has a rather interesting texture in that it contains little balls inside the container like a nail polish. It must be shaken vigorously prior to each application, otherwise it separates into a thin liquid and thicker pigment phase. When agitated the texture becomes pudding-like and melts onto the skin-resulting in a second-skin finish. This fragrance is lightly floral and oh so Chanel. I will mention the shade I have is a bit pink for me as I have already gotten some color this spring through my sunscreen. I remedy this with a little bronzer. I might also add that this is not a long-wearing product and the intense humidity here does compromise it's finish. I did powder lightly to set it-something I would never do in a drier climate. I get about 6 to 8 hours of longevity with this product in my suboptimal conditions.  I give this foundation a 9/10 if used on the correct skin type and a natural glowy finish is desired.
 
Below picture taken with normal lighting no flash


Below taken in front of sunny window no flash




Below taken with flash and a bright lip...you can see a little flash back.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment