Friday, May 15, 2015

Penelope Cruz for Lancome inspired look.

I have been meaning to recreate Penelope's doe-eyed look for Lancôme for some time now. I honestly had not had the chance to pick up the right pair of false lashes to create the look. I suppose Lancôme would like us to believe that those are Penelope's natural albeit mascaraed lashes. Quite doubtful, nevertheless, it is a beautiful elegant makeup suitable for an evening wedding, the opera, or any black tie event.
Below are pictures of the products used to create this look;








As you can see it is mostly drugstore product with the exception of the MAC palette and the Clinique Superfit foundation which has sadly been discontinued. I chose the Superfit formula because it photographs so beautifully. I believe the replacement product is called Even Better by Clinique-Oh Clinique you are so witty! The lipsticks Blushing Beige and Born With It are by Maybelline, who in my honest opinion are putting out some fantastic drugstore lipsticks in a gorgeous array of shades. In this look, I tried to recreate a muted rosewood lip color. I used a Rimmel lipliner in Mauve Shimmer. I wanted a soft elegant lip look not an ultra light beige nude which can be hard to wear and is unflattering for the most part.


The eyes are the star of the show, and I used the cool ashy browns in the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2 along with MAC Sable on the lid and MAC Vanilla on the browbone. I have a heavier more prominent lid than Penelope's deep set eye, so I carved out depth with the matte charcoal brown shade from L'Oreal. What I'm trying to say, is that one adapts the look according to one's coloring, needs, and facial structure. I used the Kohl pencil as a base for the Rimmel gel eyeliner. This Rimmel gel liner has just the right fluid-gel formula for my liking and doesn't skip or drag, this makes lining a cat-eye a breeze. I applied a set of uber glam Kiss lashes over curled lashes with a light coat of Cover Girl Super Sizer mascara. I haven't decided if I love this mascara yet, I will discuss it in the future. My bottom lashes are heavily defined with Maybelline Lash Stiletto. Please, don't skip this step, as it adds to the doe-eyed shape in this look.

I kept the cheeks very soft with a Mocha pink blush from MAC and just a tiny bit of contour with the ashy tan shadow from the L'Oreal palette. This look is for the most part matte, but in a velvety way. Too much shimmer or gloss and it will quickly start to look Jersey Shore or South Texas at the grocery store.

Here are some pictures of the inspiration for the look;






Here are a few more pictures of the look I created at home;









 










No comments:

Post a Comment