Sunday, May 17, 2015

Think Pink.

I naturally adore color. I feel it, live it, breathe it. Each and every color to me has a vibration and a mood associated with it. I believe that no color is as evocative as the color pink. Pink has a tremendous range, from the palest porcelain pink to the richest saturated hue of a bouganvillea. There are many expressions associated with the color pink; e.g. to be "In the pink of health," "Tickled pink," "Seeing pink elephants," or " Seeing the world through rose-colored glasses." All of these catch phrases have distinct meanings, just as the color pink has vastly different shades and moods.


One of the easiest ways to incorporate color into your life is through lipstick. The right lipstick can brighten your face, and pull your whole look together. If you follow me on my blog you probably already know how I feel about the Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick line. I am especially loving the Vivids line they put out, both for the the purity of color and



their excellent lip smoothing texture. These perform as well as many high end lipsticks. They also have a fairly tenacious formula, and without eating wear easily for 4-5 hrs. The shade Fuschia Flash is the star of the line up. It's just gorgeous and classy looking, provided you keep the rest of the face fresh and neutral. I personally like to pair cool-toned pinks like this with light bronzey cheeks and soft tans on the eyes. It keeps everything from looking too artificially icy and Barbie-like. This is my opinion, but if you like the
 sugar-dolly look then go ahead and paint away!


I will leave with some words from the empress of fashion herself Diana Vreeland. The late Vogue editor is most often quoted as having said- when presented with a swatch of bright pink silk of Eastern influence  " I ADORE that pink." she exclaimed " It's the the navy blue of India." In her later years she spoke:
"Actually, pale-pink salmon is the only color I cannot abide.
Although, naturally, I adore PINK. I love the pale Persian pinks of the little carnations of Provence, and Schiaparelli's pink, the pink of the Incas.
And, though it's so vieux jeu I can hardly bear to repeat it, pink is the navy blue of India.
 Near the end of her life, she seemed quite bored with her famous catchphrase, considering it so vieux jeu (lit. 'old game') that she could barely stand repeating it.

The quote had, in fact, been traveling with Vreeland ever since she burst into the public eye as the editor of Vogue in early 1962."

I hope you all try to add a little pink into your lives. I promise that pink, in one of its many incarnations,will enhance your beauty repertoire and lift your spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment