Friday, August 16, 2013

Griddled Chicken Sans Messy Cleanup

If your family is anything like mine they are always... and I mean always hongry! Doesn't it just sound more dramatic with the o instead of the u? Well, nothing is worse than the cleanup after feeding my starving clan. To this end, I devised a way to grill or should I say griddle some chicken breasts. I used my little Presto pancake griddle. The secret is to get it screaming hot so that the chicken breasts sear on the outside and stay juicy on the inside. The cleanup was minimal... I found it very easy to wipe down the little table on my Weber Q. After all, who's afraid of a little grease on the patio versus your pristine tile in your kitchen? The other little trick I'm almost afraid to share, lest Fire Marshall Bob be reading, was to cover my hissing, popping, and bubbling chicken with the lid from the Weber. Attempt at your own risk. I experienced no major meltdowns.
 

 
Recipe:
4 boneless chicken breasts butterflied
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
garlic salt
black pepper
smoked paprika
3 tablespoons grape seed oil
 
 
Rub the chicken with oil and apply seasonings to taste. The smoked paprika is absolutely essential...it adds  beautiful color and an earthy richness. These are awesome on a roll, in a taco, or chopped into a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment