Tuesday, August 13, 2013

This J. wants some Glo!... How to achieve Jennifer Lopez's signature look.

I will start this post by clearly stating that I don't resemble J.Lo in the least.  I am demonstrating the transformational power of makeup. Many will recall Jennifer's catapult to fame in the movie Selena. In those days, Jennifer was a sweet Latina brunette with creamy pale olive skin. Well, pale no more...The J. Lo we now know and love is a golden goddess. You can achieve this sexy bronzed glow with a few key products. I, myself, have quite fair skin...I usually wear the second lightest foundation in most lines. Think more along the lines of Anne Hathaway than J. Lo. Here is my inspiration for the look. Jennifer Lopez at this years Golden Globe Awards:
 
Here are a few pictures of the look I created



 



 
 
The following products were used on the eyes;
L'oreal palettes in Cookies and Cream and Cupa Joe
Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black
Physicians formula Organic Wear Mascara in Ultra Black
Maybelline Gel liner in Very Black.
MAC Charcoal Brown eyeshadow
Too faced Shadow Insurance (not pictured)... I happen to love this eyeshadow base. It's practically colorless, it really helps the the powder shadow cling to the lid and it makes the colors pop. You could use another brand of eyeshadow base. Urban Decay makes a very popular one and I've heard the L'oreal one is very good. 
I also applied a few individual lashes to the outer corners...You could easily omit this step, but it makes a big difference in how glam you will look. I will post some pictures in the future of before and after pictures with and without the lash augmentation.
As for the eyeshadow technique, I made sure to take the medium tan shade from the Cupa Joe palette and apply it in the crease to warm up an otherwise cool silvery black smokey eye. I lined all around the eye and waterline with the Revlon Colorstay and went over it with the gel liner finishing with a cat eye flick at the outer corner. Concentrate the glittery black in the outer corners to elongate the eye and make sure to blend well. I applied a little Mac Charcoal Brown in my brows and set with clear brow gel.
 
The skin is an absolutely essential part of this look achieved by blending a medium coverage liquid foundation with some liquid bronzer. I used;
MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC25 which is about a shade darker than my skin. I made sure to blend well into my neck and decollete area.
Maybelline Mineral Power Bronzer Makeup Booster... Wow, that was a mouthful! This is sadly discontinued, but I know that NARS and Clinique both make a similar shimmery fluid bronzer. Mix this to desired level of bronziness.
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Light under the eyes
Wet N Wild Ticket to Brazil Bronzer
Revlon Honey Bunch Blush, a warm coral /sienna shade on the apple of my cheeks.
MAC White Frost pigment as a highlighter on cheekbones....you could use any light pearly shimmery powder highlighter.


 On the lips I used a soft warm rosy nude shade by Bobbi Brown called Toast with a reflective Revlon gloss called Snow Pink to achieve that trademark wet nude look. I blended a teeny tiny dot of concealer into the lips to make the color a little bit more opaque and milky. Below is a picture of the lip products and pearly highlighter used.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment