Thursday, August 8, 2013

Skinny Pig

Just a quick example of a weeknight meal that I can feel good about serving my family. Healthy meals were on my mind tonight, particularly after my husbands usual weekly check in with my aged mother in law. We listened to the news about the most recent demise in her circle of friends and family. The usual culprit (insert drum roll and dramatic finish) is heart disease. Can you say bummer?This dinner has it all, taste, fiber, and lean protein. These heart healthy components can be adjusted to your liking. You can use any meat or vegetable combination that you have on hand and  that you find appealing. A smart short cut, is to always have frozen steamed brown rice on hand. Otherwise, you might be waiting forever
for this tough little grain to cook through. Recipe to follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment