Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Colored eyeliner is your friend.

Traditional black and brown eyeliner will always have their place as a beauty essential, but colored eyeliner can really add a little je ne sais quois to your gaze. Purple, particularly in a jewel- toned shade, is a very flattering color for almost all eye colors. It does wonders for brown eyes highlighting any syrupy warmth they may have in them. Purple also renders green eyes more intense, and blue eyes much brighter.

I picked up this Jordana Cat Eye Liner on sale at 2 for 5 Dollars at my local Walgreens. I left the eyelid very simple with a tiny bit of Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hr cream shadow in shade Leather-this product is phenomenal, both in color and formulation. I blended the cream shadow up into the crease with my finger. I softly traced a template for a cat eye with my favorite Almay Intense Eyecolor automatic eyeliner in Purple Amethyst. These Almay liners are a real workhorse in my collection, and I have mentioned the gorgeous Brown Topaz shade in an earlier post. I then used the liquid liner over the pencil template to deepen and extend the eyeliner. The result is a rich slightly reflective liner. I lightly defined the lower lash line with a charcoal brown powder eyeshadow  and rimmed the waterline with a nude beige pencil. This is a clean makeup look that is all about the eyeliner. Add any shimmer or color to the lid or browbone and it can quickly become over the top. I kept the rest of the face very neutral and added a very soft sheer lilac-pink to the lips.

Try this out and experiment with other colors like cobalt blue or emerald green. The quality on these Jordana Cat Eye liquid liners is quite nice as is the tiny precise brush that comes with the product. I encourage you to try them out. At 3 or 4 Dollars each they are also friendly on your wallet. Just in case you were wondering what foundation I have on, it's the Maybelline Dream Wonder fluid touch. I really like this product, and an in depth discussion on this foundation is soon to follow.



















No comments:

Post a Comment