Friday, April 24, 2015

ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks they're cheap but are they any good?

I've watched people purchase and review these lipsticks for several years, so I finally broke down and bought a few. I'll be honest, it was more for the curiosity than anything else. You know what? These are actually quite decent and for their 3 Dollar price tag pretty darn awesome. These lippies are creamy, and have a nice emollient formulation with shea butter and vitamin E. The colors are lovely, modern and well edited. I will start with my favorite shade of the line up called Ravishing Rose. It's a gorgeous mid-tone berry rose tone very befitting of it's name. It has no shimmer and is quite shiny when applied directly from the bullet and left unblotted. This shade is very neutral and would go well with most makeup tones and clothing. It can be blotted down for a soft bitten Victorian rose petal mouth or applied heavily for creamy rose wine pout. The scent is a mild, synthetic vanilla fragrance. Luckily, it's not unpleasant or strong and doesn't linger on the lips. One more thing I did notice is that there seems to be a bit of inconsistency in the texture of some of the shades. Ravishing Rose felt very creamy and almost melted onto the lips during application. Some of the other shades tended to feel a teensy bit thicker and waxier, but not in a deal breaker way. My overall score for these is a 7/10. I would repurchase for a gym bag, or travel makeup bag and would recommend these to anyone who just doesn't want to spend a bundle on lipstick. I will continue to review all of the individual shades in the next few days to come.


below lipstick blotted





No comments:

Post a Comment