Friday, April 17, 2015

Rimmel 25 hr Lasting Finish Foundation

I have heard on the blogosphere that this foundation is just a repackaged version of their former long- wearing foundation in a plastic squeeze tube. I do recall purchasing that foundation a number of years ago after hearing the Youtube guru EmilyNoel rave about it. What I remember about it is that I hated it...point blank. Where to begin; cheap, ugly, utilitarian squeeze-tube packaging, and an abysmal color choice. All this combined with a long wearing chalky finish...No, thanks!
Now, on to this little lovely, I actually really loved this foundation. I'm certain they have changed the formulas as well as the packaging. Admittedly, I've only used it once with its sister product the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer. I experienced excellent results on this steamy hot South Texas day running errands. I have mostly normal skin with a little redness from sensitivity. The humidity here is no joke... I  consider these pretty extreme weather conditions-prime for major makeup meltdown. Now, is this stuff going to last 25 hrs and allow you to remain pristine and looking like Snow White? Probably not, but I did get 8 hrs of nice wear without a touch up. Where this foundation really shines is it's lovely slightly dewy skin-like finish. Very, very flattering on skin that is a little more mature... ahem. Compared to the gold standard long -wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear with its heavy porcelain effect, Rimmel has a luminous finish. The color match for me was also quite good, especially for a drugstore foundation. At around 7 Dollars this makeup is hard to beat. I believe it is suitable for all, but the oiliest of skin types, who might find it a bit too emollient. I attribute this to the serum it's supposedly infused with. My shade, for reference, is the lightest 091 Light Ivory. Great job on this product Rimmel. If  I also might add, the packaging is pretty enough, no hideously tacky squeezy tube...Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment