Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Favorite Foundation Series episode 2

Let me start this post with the good and move on to the supremely awesome. Revlon's Colorstay line has been around for a long while and for very good reason. It's an excellent choice from the drugstore for those who want a longwearing makeup at a reasonable price point. I believe this foundation retails for about 11 Dollars and is often on sale or available with a coupon. This foundation wears like iron and comes in two formulations; normal to dry, normal to oily. It also has very decent color range with 20 shades. I am wearing the normal to dry formulation in Buff 150. A couple of caveats with this product, first you must blend quickly, as it will not budge once it sets. The other piece of advice I will mention is that it is full coverage so a little goes a long way. Please don't expect a no-makeup look or feel with this product. That said, this foundation leaves you with a classic makeup-y done look, which I quite like for certain occasions. Overall rating 9/10.

Below picture taken with flash
   

The next product is in a class by itself. I can't tell you how long I held out from purchasing the Armani Luminous Silk foundation due to it's hefty 62 Dollar price tag. I can honestly say I have no regrets. It's simply just that good. I personally prefer for my skin to look like skin. Even if it means that my imperfections are still a little bit visible. I wonder just how they manage to get a foundation that feels this lightweight to last so well. Honestly, in the photographs shown the foundation is freshly applied, but the amazing part is that this product actually looks better when you've had it on your face for a couple of hours. It will not break or separate or oxidize and turn orangey, even in 90 degree jungle-like weather. I swear it must contain powdered unicorn horn extract. I did not powder or apply any concealer in this photos. I would, however, recommend using a thicker concealer such as Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage on a tiny pin point brush to  precisely tackle blemishes or redness. The reason is twofold, one you will use less of this ridiculously expensive magic potion/foundation, and two you will preserve the sheer luminosity by not caking on excessive concealers or heavy powder. I rate this 10/10. That is all.
Below first two pics taken with flash. 

No flash

hygienic pump
shade 2

No comments:

Post a Comment