Saturday, April 18, 2015

Noteworthy items from the Drugstore for April 2015

I had picked up this L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 a few weeks ago, but had not had a chance to photograph an eye look. The following are my thoughts; the shadow quality itself is about average 6/10, the colors are very pretty, understated and subtle, the packaging is sleek and attractive if a little flimsy. I applied the eye shadow with a flat shader brush over eyelids primed with a very thin layer of liquid concealer for better adherence and payoff. These come with a rather hefty drugstore price of 16-20 Dollars as well. Would I recommend or repurchase? The answer is yes and no. If you are a makeup minimalist or a young person looking for decent set of pretty neutrals then yes. If you already have any of the high end neutral palettes flooding the market these days or enjoy buttery- densely pigmented shadows then my answer is no.
All that aside, the look I achieved was pleasing to me and wore well for about 8 hours. In this look, I did a cat-eye liner for some impact with Maybelline's Gel eyeliner in Blackest Black. I also defined the lower lash line with a Almay Intense i-Color Liner, in Brown Topaz... I love this liner. I applied two coats of a mascara I highly recommend- if you can find it. It's called L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes and it really does what it says. I've noticed only certain Targets stock it-look online!








The two pictures below were taken with flash.


A product that I am absolutely smitten with is this little NYX Butter Balm. I'm in love! It is sooo pretty and natural on the lips. It can be difficult to find a shade that is both natural and lip enhancing. The shade picture is called Brownie, and it's a soft nudey pink with a brown base. The texture is just right to



both moisturize and cling to the lips. I dislike thin oily balms. It feels a little waxy yet very soothing. These come in a variety of pinks, nudes, and berry shades. I will definitely be picking up more and 3.99 a pop they are irresistible. The scent of these is mildly fruity- reminiscent of sweet tarts or fruit chews, but not overpowering in any way. It also doesn't linger on the lips.
 
Overall, todays featured products created a polished neutral look suitable for work or lunch with friends. Below are a couple of pictures of the makeup as a whole.

 
These are the shades I used in the eyeshadow look;
 

No comments:

Post a Comment